On 5th March, it’s World Book Day, a day of encouragement for children of all ages to come together to appreciate reading whilst celebrating the work of authors, illustrators and books. It’s the biggest celebration of its kind, marked in over 100 countries in the world and now into its 23rd year.
Serial Mash is an add-on to Purple Mash and has a library of over 100 books with 18 new books added each year. It has many wonderful features to celebrate and ignite a pleasure for reading:
- You can enjoy any book from the library on a tablet, computer, together on a smart screen or set for home reading.
- It comes with free home access, making it a brilliant way to make more books available to children at home. The exciting 'Fire Bolt' series is included specifically to give less confident readers the chance to read for pleasure.
- Functionality to support a range of learners such as; zoom, background colour, text size, font options and print.
- Save hundreds of pounds replacing worn out and lost books each year.
- Filled with illustrations and animations, the books are brought to life.
- In-built definitions grow children's vocabulary and confidence with reading.
- Each chapter comes complete with a range of online and printable comprehension and spelling and grammar exercises, perfect to use in Guided Reading sessions in class.
- Ready-made activities allow children to practise diverse forms of writing at the click of a button. Children can write up a news report, compare characters or dream up their version of the next chapter.
- The themed books are perfect for supporting a current topic in the classroom.
To tie in with the theme of World Book Day which is encouraging everyone to share a story we have made the following chapters free: